Saturday, February 6, 2010

You Gotta BE the Book


So my coworker Lauren thoughtfully provided me with my next pick, page 29, book 49 (that's pretty much the end of my whole collection!) I'm gonna be honest here, I read this book at least three years ago when I was an undergrad in English Education at NYU and I remember nothing about it. I will however, tell you a super hilarious story from the class where I maybe read this book (I totally don't remember which class it was for.) So back in 2006 (or 5 or 7) I took a class that combined English Ed students with Social Studies Ed students. For one of the assignments my group asked the rest of the class to respond to the material we were teaching in a "creative" way. Most of them just wrote poems or something similar, but one student, who was a total jerk, decided to do an interprative dance. Now this wasn't a guy you would picture as a dancer. He was not graceful or fluid, but he was EXTREMELY serious about his art. The rest of us pretty much dissolved into laughter from the get go with a few of his peers running out of the room, attempting to hide their snorts of laughter. Even the teacher couldn't contain herself. It was the greatest thing ever. Anyway, that has nothing to do with this book but it pretty much sums about my entire undergraduate educational experience at NYU. Two words: Interprative Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment